Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Conclusion

I almost forgot about this blogpost, with it being due on Wednesday and all. Well, here I am, last blogpost of the year, and I have no idea what I'm going to write.

I think I'll start with how weird it is to look over everything I wrote this year. It's mindnumbing to see how my writing improved with every blogpost. All my posts had a variety of vocabulary but when I looked closely, I noticed a lot of grammatic errors that I've overlooked. hehe.. Those posts don't mean much to me now that I've passed that part of the lesson plan in the year. However, it makes me laugh to see my New Years Resolution again, because I know that I already failed the resolution to read more books, but now looking back, I see the cause of it - Great Expectations. Anyways, I'm grateful to have these posts, because it's always fun to look back at what I complained about, and it's wonderful to have these concrete memories of the year. As I go through every single one of my 23 blog posts, I noticed that I complained a lot about things I hated, and wrote less sarcastically for things I liked. Consequently, posts about Great Expectations were a lot shorter than posts about reading (when I liked it). Also, I realize - through this blog - that my interests have seriously changed since the beginning of the school year, and that my personality might've even changed. And this idea makes me think about all the things I might've been concerned about 6 months ago, that might've affected my writing then, but now doesnt concern me at all. I feel that the meaning of this whole blog assignment is that we could respond to the homework assignments/ lesson plan/ and ask questions with free emotions to whatever we're saying, just like a regular blog, so we can learn English through our own personal style. Mainly, I realize now, that the blog was also a way to keep track of our progress and see how far we've come. To sum it all up, here is Bruce Barton to say, "Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress." I really feel like that's what this year has been all about - change. English is always changing, the world is always changing, and the young generation; we are learning - we are changing.

We 9th graders are no longer frosh, and we are gonna become some amazing sophy English nerds.
Thanks for a great year Gilman's 1st perioders!

No comments:

Post a Comment